Demo

Advice to those Interested in Islam

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #169 by islaam.ca admin
islaam.ca admin created the topic: Advice to those Interested in Islam
The following open advice to the one interested in Islaam is from Moosaa Richardson, a student at the Umm al-Qura University in Saudi Arabia. Mr. Richardson is convert to Islam of American origin.

If you believe in Allaah, and you believe in the Truth that He sent to His Messenger, and you want to accept Islaam, then know that there are no difficult procedures or ceremonies to go through. If you are convinced, then I encourage you to say the "shahaadah" now, so long as it is what you believe in your heart. I say this, not to rush you into something, but as a reminder that none of us knows when our soul is to be taken.

Also, it is important to mention that it is not a condition for the shahaadah for one to say it in a mosque or at a public gathering. You may openly admit to Allaah's Oneness in any place.

When you accept Islaam, you should simply take a bath in your own house privately, then say the following phrase:

"I testify that there is none worthy of being worshipped except Allaah alone, and I further testify that Muhammad is His Messenger."

And if there are some people that you feel may not take this news too well (family members, co-workers, neighbors, etc), then you don't have to tell them right now. The most important thing is to set things right between you and your Lord, and then your Lord will help you with the rest of your affairs.

Upon your saying this, you are considered a Muslim! And your previous sins will be forgiven! And you will begin living your life in a truly honorable manner seeking out ways to please your Lord! I ask Allaah to grant you and me the courage and sincerity needed for such a task!

Are two witnesses necessary?

There was a man named Aboo Hurayrah. He was one of the closest of Muhammad's companions (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam). His mother was a polytheist and she used to say horrible things about the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam). So Aboo Hurayrah came to the Messenger one day crying because his mother had said some very bad things about him. So the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) supplicated to Allaah to guide Aboo Hurayrah's mother. Notice the exemplary character of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), after hearing that someone was speaking ill of him he responded by supplicating for that person! Anyway, the end result was that Aboo Hurayrah became VERY happy and rushed back to see his mother, as he KNEW that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) prayed for her, and his supplications were always accepted by Allaah. When he knocked on the door, his mother was taking a bath. When she opened the door, she declared her belief in Islaam to her son, after having been a stern enemy of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) by her speech.

The benefit from the story is this: Aboo Hurayrah's mother became a Muslim after taking a bath (a bath based on what she knew a bath was as a non-Muslim) and declaring her belief. Her only witness was her son at the time she said it. This should show that two witnesses are not necessary. May Allaah be pleased with Aboo Hurayrah and his mother.

Unfortunately, many Muslims speak about Islaam based on their culture, or based on things that they were raised doing. This leads them to make mistakes, while they may intend good.

I hope this clarifies the lack of need for two witnesses.

I would further encourage you go to a mosque (when you want to go to a mosque) where the people are known for their adherence to the Qur'aan, the Sunnah, and the correct way of understanding that the early Muslims held. This may be difficult for you to ascertain at this point, so we ask Allaah to guide you to His Deen, and to those who will help you learn it properly.

Last Edit: 12 years 4 months ago by islaam.ca admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Worship the One

Who Created You