Demo

Three Stories, One Moral: Islam

• AbdulWahed
  • AbdulWahed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 6 months ago #106 by AbdulWahed
AbdulWahed created the topic: Three Stories, One Moral: Islam
I found these three stories to share very few things in common. They're from people with different backgrounds, from different parts of the world, with different perspectives on life and a different approach to understanding and eventually accepting Islam.

What they do have in common: they speak with one voice. The voice of a muslim, one who has submitted his will to his Creator.

In Islam I have found the true Faith for which I had been seeking so long

I devoted a considerable amount of my spare time to a thorough study of an English translation of the Noble Qur'an, and as I read over and over again, and pondered over certain of the words of the Prophet Muhammad (may God exalt his mention), I could not help but see that here, at last, I had found the true faith for which I had been seeking so long.

I would like to say that I feel confident, that if only people in this and other Western countries can be brought to appreciate the full meaning of Islam, and what it stands for, the ranks of Islam will be daily swelled. Unfortunately there is a vast amount of misapprehension in the minds of many \"Free Thinkers\" and others who still cling to their old creed simply because they lack the moral courage to abandon a faith, with the principles of which they are at variance, and to embrace Islam.

Walker H. Williams

Islam has always attracted me both by its simplicity and by the devotion of its followers

Since adopting Islam as my faith I feel that I have come to a turning point in my life. To account for this, to give you some idea as to why I have become a Muslim, I have subjected myself to what I might call a self analysis.

Islam had always attracted me both by its simplicity and by the devotion of its followers ... I was taught to regard all religions other than Christianity as blasphemous and their adherents as heathens.

Islam has given me a very practical method of breaking down the barrier of materialism in one of the Five Pillars of Faith, namely `Prayer.' The Muslim prayer keeps me constantly aware of my duty to God, to my soul, and to my fellow creatures.

Khalid D'Larnger Remraf

What's it all about?

In the course of a discussion with my friend who came from a similar background (i.e. wealthy), he said to me, \"What's it all about (meaning life)?\"

So we got into a deep discussion and came out of it with the conclusion that our parents and what they believed in and strove for was absolutely ridiculous, and there has to be more to life than this. That's when I started thinking about the purpose of life for the first time. So that search, took a period of three years; finding out what I could about the different religions. I found no answers in any of the other religions except when I came to listen to the teachings of Islaam.

So one day, I was travelling on a bus past Regents Park Masjid (mosque) on the way to work, when I saw many people entering the masjid. I got off the bus and sat in the [courtyard) wall of the masjid watching everyone go in. So I sat and began thinking and watched everyone come out of the masjid. And then, one man came over and gave me a translation of the Qur'aan ....

So I kept the Qur'aan and began reading it. I used to take it to work and read it and read it everywhere I went. I read it all the time. Then one day, I was on top of Harrods (where I worked) roof... reading the Qur'aan and then I read,

Alif, Lam, Meem. This is the book whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who fear Allah

and shed a few tears as I realized that this truly was guidance with no doubt and what I had been searching for. So I remembered somebody telling me years ago that you get people from all different faiths going to Speakers' Corner (a place In London's Hyde Park where people can stand on a box and express their views).

So I started attending and listening to the Muslims until one day, I decided I had to find out more about Islaam. So I went over to one of the speakers and said to him \"I want to become a Muslim\" (i.e. tell me more about Islaam). As I said I want to become Muslim, he told me to wait there and went off and came back with thirty other men. He started to explain to me the fundamentals about AI-Islaam and I thought, this is good. This is what I wanted, information.

So he asked if I understood and believed what he was saying. So I said yes.So then he said repeat after me “\"I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, alone without partners, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His devoted servant, worshipper and Messenger\". So I did.

So the next thing I knew everyone was embracing me telling me I was a Muslim now. So I shed a few tears and went off and sat down in the park. And I thought this is the best thing I’ve done in my life so far. And I was right\"

Abu Abdullah Afia
• English
• Was Jewish
• Became Muslim in 1991

Post edited by: islaam.ca admin, at: 2007/01/24 21:16<br><br>Post edited by: islaam.ca admin, at: 2007/01/25 15:48

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Worship the One

Who Created You